JOB POSTING: Internal Organizing Representative
This position is an OPEIU 12 Union position classification: Organizer.
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING IS SEPTEMBER 18, 2018
The Internal Organizing Representative is an internal organizing and training position, however some external organizing may be assigned. Promotions to Union Representatives from this classification based on ability. Applicant must be available for travel and training outside of the Duluth area.
Average hours required per week: 48 to 50. Organizing Representatives of the Union are expected to be available seven days a week and must be available to work out of town when necessary.
This is a salaried position. No overtime or premium time is paid for additional hours, weekend work, etc. Organizing Representative may be assigned certain accounts or may be assigned to work with a Union Representative on specific accounts or to work on organizing campaigns as assigned by the President or Director of Organizing.
Organizing Representatives will:
- Work with Union Representatives to make sure new employees join the Union at the proper time.
- Respond to all members’ questions and concerns in a timely fashion or refer them to the person who can.
- Work with stewards and Union Representative on grievances and grievance investigations.
- Assist with meetings as directed or assigned.
- Assist and instruct Union stewards in the proper conduct of their duties.
- Recruit members for Union actions and activities, work to increase participations, identify leaders, and build the Local.
- Assist with contract proposals and negotiations when requested or assigned. Help organize members around issues.
- Attend all staff, executive board meetings and general membership meetings. It is the expectation that all Union Representatives and Organizers work from the office on days the executive board meets. The intent is so that staff may interact with rank and file members who have been elected as officers of our Local.
Local 1189 does not provide autos. A four-door auto is preferred, but is not required. An American and Union-made auto is essential. Mileage and benefits will be paid according to the OPEIU 12 staff contract. Credit for relevant experience will be granted on the Organizer’s pay scale (up to year 4).
Send Resume and Cover Letter to President Jennifer Christensen fax: 651-451-8227
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail: 266 Hardman Ave. N. South St. Paul, MN 55075
RESUMES MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 18, 2018.