Lunds Negotiations Continues- Items TA'd, Extension Signed
On May 13, the Union and Employer met for the third day of bargaining. At first, movement was slow, but by the end of the day significant progress was made on some key issues:
- The Union agreed to drop their proposal on adding Juneteenth as a holiday in exchange for the Employer dropping their changes to Holiday language
- The Union agreed to drop their proposal on Labor Peace and Neutrality in exchange for the Employer dropping their proposed change to an Employer-run 401 retirement plan
- The Union accepted the employer's proposal to change PTO accrual to a rolling basis and offer Earned Safe and Sick Time protections like those in the city of Saint Paul to all 1189 stores in exchange for dropping their sick time proposal and agreeing to a two year framework
- The Union and Employer agreed to modify the quarantine language- instead of being paid for the entire quarantine, employees will at least get their health insurance covered if they are out of PTO
- The Union agreed to drop their proposal on chairs in exchange for Health and Safety language allowing for chairs as a medical accommodation
The two sides signed a contract extention until the next bargaining date on June 16.