The Wedge Contract Vote Tuesday May 24
The Union negotiating committee has reached a tentative agreement with the Wedge. This agreement comes with a unanimous recommendation from the committee to vote yes.
Members will be able to vote on the agreement in the store on Tuesday, May 24, from 12 PM to 4 PM.
Highlights of the agreement include:
- The Employer will, by request, give members consistent schedules from week to week and consecutive days off when practical.
- Qualified internal candidates will have promotion preference over any external candidate.
- New Health and Safety language that formally creates a health and safety committee.
- Language that requires the employer to have a member of management designated as “in charge” during all business hours.
- A reset of all attendance points after ratification.
- HBC staff reclassified as GRADE 2.
- Guaranteed raises for all members including top/over scale. (RETRO TO 4/1/2022)