St. Luke's Hospital
St. Luke's HospitalSt. Luke’s was the first hospital in the city of Duluth. St. Paul’s Episcopal Church founded it in 1881 in response to a typhoid epidemic that was ravaging the city. What began in a small room above a blacksmith’s shop has grown into a regional health care system. St. Luke’s is now a multi-specialty hospital in Duluth and 38 primary and specialty clinics throughout northeastern Minnesota, northwestern Wisconsin and the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan.